Sunday, June 26, 2016

The Costa Rica Plan


So we bought the tickets to Costa Rica, and while I thought there was a chance I still wasn't sure if we would be able to pull off getting married in Costa Rica in a week, while we were there. I mean come on, who gets married in a foreign country within a week, with no planning? Us, apparently :)

We arrived on Sunday morning at 1am and had a gentleman who we met on the plane take us to a hotel that he knew of in down town San Jose, the capital of Costa Rica. The hotel was...not much, but it was enough, though the air conditioning units that were located just outside our window were a bit irritating to say the least.

On Sunday after waking up again we, and when I say we I mean Igor, figured out where to go to meet our couch surfing host Michael. We had some yummy breakfast, met some very nice people from the peace corp who recommended some places for us to go and check out.

While trying to locate our bus (rather unsuccessfully) which in San Jose is like trying to find a needle in a hay stack if you don't know where to look, we meet a nice guy with two little boys about the same ages as Elijah and Lucas. He helped us find where we needed to go (Granadilla) and had an old lady who was taking the same bus agree to tell us where to get off the bus.

When we got to Michael's we had him show us where the store was, bought some food and went back to Michaels and made dinner. We had a good conversation, asked him if he knew if it was possible for us to get married while in Costa Rica or if he could suggest anywhere for us to do it. He didn't. I called some hotels but being it Sunday non of the wedding coordinators where in I was told to call back the next day.

On Monday morning we got up I made a bunch of phone calls. Had one southern sounding gentleman laugh and tell me that Costa Rica is not Vegas and you can't just do that (wow, dude, you're wrong). Found a place called Villa Caletas who said, "absolutely what day and what do you need?"

Thursday sounded as good a day as any, which gave us time to find rings, a dress for me, a shirt of Igor, and get to where we needed to be.

No comments: