Now is the big day. Thursday morning we woke up. Got dressed and headed out to the bus stop to go to Villa Caletas to get married. The bus dropped us off at the base of the hill and we walked the mile up to the hotel lobby. Once inside we let the people know we were the couple that was getting married in the morning and I asked if there way any place we could shower. The gentleman and the front desk looked unsure and I told him "even a pool shower would do." He said oh yes they definitely had one of those and pointed us in the direction. We walked over to where the pool showers were.
The pool showers were just these little square open air cubes with side wall that came up to about waist height with an open back. We grabbed some towels held them up for each other while the other one showered and then got dressed in our wedding gear in the little dressing room right next to the showers. Then it was back to the lobby to wait until they were ready for us. I went into the bathroom and did my hair pinning in a little purple flower that I had picked from one of the vines that was growing on the walk way to the hotel and did my make up as best I know how.
The photographer showed up first and so we got a little time with him to take some pictures while we waited for the Lawyer to show up. In Costa Rica, it is compulsory to have a lawyer at the wedding to do all the legal readings and work. When the lawyer got there it was show time. Igor got to stand at the bottom of the amphitheatre and I descended from the top down some rather precariously narrow stairs, bouquet in one hand and railing in the other.
We had no idea that our lawyer was Antonio Banderas (no, not really but he sounded exactly like him). Complete with Latin enthusiasm and passion he recited the legal and spiritual lines with great emotion (imagine puss in boots saying something to the affect of "and you will love each other with all your heart, to the end of your days...").
And then 40 minutes later we were married. We ate lunch at the hotel and then the cab arrived to take us ziplining which Igor had arranged the day before. So 1.5 hours after getting married we were speeding through the jungle canopy.
Wedding Photos Here
I am sure that everyone thinks this about the person that they marry, but I truly have the best husband out there. He is always thinking of fun, new things for us to do and try, helping me continue to learn and grow. Pushing me to be my best and better. I hope that I in my own way do the same for him.
The pool showers were just these little square open air cubes with side wall that came up to about waist height with an open back. We grabbed some towels held them up for each other while the other one showered and then got dressed in our wedding gear in the little dressing room right next to the showers. Then it was back to the lobby to wait until they were ready for us. I went into the bathroom and did my hair pinning in a little purple flower that I had picked from one of the vines that was growing on the walk way to the hotel and did my make up as best I know how.
The photographer showed up first and so we got a little time with him to take some pictures while we waited for the Lawyer to show up. In Costa Rica, it is compulsory to have a lawyer at the wedding to do all the legal readings and work. When the lawyer got there it was show time. Igor got to stand at the bottom of the amphitheatre and I descended from the top down some rather precariously narrow stairs, bouquet in one hand and railing in the other.
We had no idea that our lawyer was Antonio Banderas (no, not really but he sounded exactly like him). Complete with Latin enthusiasm and passion he recited the legal and spiritual lines with great emotion (imagine puss in boots saying something to the affect of "and you will love each other with all your heart, to the end of your days...").
And then 40 minutes later we were married. We ate lunch at the hotel and then the cab arrived to take us ziplining which Igor had arranged the day before. So 1.5 hours after getting married we were speeding through the jungle canopy.
Wedding Photos Here
I am sure that everyone thinks this about the person that they marry, but I truly have the best husband out there. He is always thinking of fun, new things for us to do and try, helping me continue to learn and grow. Pushing me to be my best and better. I hope that I in my own way do the same for him.
No comments:
Post a Comment