Villa Caletas was a bit on the expensive side for our taste as a place to stay so we headed over to Villa Lapas, which was only a couple of miles away. We put our stuff down in our room and decided to head to Jaco, the surf town.
When we arrived we found a tourist information place, with a very nice and helpful lady who would help us a couple more times during our stay. She pointed us in the direction of a small surf hotel (Hotel Zabmara) which Igor negotiated a super good rate to stay there from Wednesday until Saturday when we would have to head back to the airport.
We had dinner in Jaco and then caught the bus back to Villa Lapas. Igor decided we should get to hot tub since they had one and asked the staff (in spanish) to turn it on for us. unfortunately the temperature gauge or something like that was broken so it wouldn't so we settled for a swim in the pool (while it was raining outside) then playing pool and foosball with a large toad as our audience. FYI I lost every round of pool and foosball. Hard to when against this guy. I have better odds when we play backgammon at home though. :)
Wednesday Igor made a plan for himself to run all the way to Jaco from Villa Lapas. He put me on the bus to Jaco and then off he went in the mid day sun in 95% humidity and 90 degree heat.
I got to Jaco, checked us into the hotel and enjoyed to lovely air conditioned room. I waited for Igor and sure enough he showed up after running for about 2.5 - 3 hours. He had also gone and negotiated a fishing trip for us on Friday and I think had a little dip in the ocean as well.
As it was getting a little late Igor rested a bit and then we went in search of a wedding dress for me. I must have tried on every white or whitish dress in that town and finally ended up back where I had started with the first dress I tried on. It was a bit too big so after buying it I asked the girl in the shop if she knew where I could get a needle and thread. we found a nice shirt for Igor, guys are soooo much easier to shop for when it comes to wedding stuff. Pick them out any beach button down and your done. I got the needle and threat and spend the better part of the evening pinning and sowing the dress to fit.
The remainder of our evening was spent eating half a rotisserie chicken and rice while watching Game of Thrones on Igor's laptop and sharing headphones to listen (one ear piece each). :)
When we arrived we found a tourist information place, with a very nice and helpful lady who would help us a couple more times during our stay. She pointed us in the direction of a small surf hotel (Hotel Zabmara) which Igor negotiated a super good rate to stay there from Wednesday until Saturday when we would have to head back to the airport.
We had dinner in Jaco and then caught the bus back to Villa Lapas. Igor decided we should get to hot tub since they had one and asked the staff (in spanish) to turn it on for us. unfortunately the temperature gauge or something like that was broken so it wouldn't so we settled for a swim in the pool (while it was raining outside) then playing pool and foosball with a large toad as our audience. FYI I lost every round of pool and foosball. Hard to when against this guy. I have better odds when we play backgammon at home though. :)
Wednesday Igor made a plan for himself to run all the way to Jaco from Villa Lapas. He put me on the bus to Jaco and then off he went in the mid day sun in 95% humidity and 90 degree heat.
I got to Jaco, checked us into the hotel and enjoyed to lovely air conditioned room. I waited for Igor and sure enough he showed up after running for about 2.5 - 3 hours. He had also gone and negotiated a fishing trip for us on Friday and I think had a little dip in the ocean as well.
As it was getting a little late Igor rested a bit and then we went in search of a wedding dress for me. I must have tried on every white or whitish dress in that town and finally ended up back where I had started with the first dress I tried on. It was a bit too big so after buying it I asked the girl in the shop if she knew where I could get a needle and thread. we found a nice shirt for Igor, guys are soooo much easier to shop for when it comes to wedding stuff. Pick them out any beach button down and your done. I got the needle and threat and spend the better part of the evening pinning and sowing the dress to fit.
The remainder of our evening was spent eating half a rotisserie chicken and rice while watching Game of Thrones on Igor's laptop and sharing headphones to listen (one ear piece each). :)
No comments:
Post a Comment