Saturday, August 9, 2014

Maybe the last post of the vacation

As our vacation is quickly winding down we are trying to keep our spirits up. We still have a couple of days and a very very long flight home (22 hours total because of our 9 hour layover in Frankfurt ugghh).

Today was a bit  of a lazy day. I went fishing with the boys in the morning for a couple of hours. they caught more fish than I did but we still had a good time of it. I think I caught the biggest fish of the day, which is pretty good anyway. the gents (Igor, Vasily Jr, Vasily Sr, and Vasily) went for a quick dip in the lake on our way back from fishing.

Shortly after we got back from our mornings excursion the whole family came to Zaslonava and we all went together to the "Sacred Springs." I can't speak for the guys but we ladies did pretty good this time. Zena, Masha and I got in without hesitation dunked three times in the icey water, got out and repeated two more times, to make it a total of three frigid dips. I wont lie it was difficult the third time as I was already somewhat chilly but it was very refreshing since I was sooo hot before we got there.

Igor, Masha and I jumped out of the car on the way back (since we didn't walk this time and no new tanks stories for you, sorry to disappoint), to go for a little swim in the river. Since I have been talking so much of the river I thought that I would provide you with some pictures of our happy little swimming spot.

the fishermen



Tomorrow morning we are off to Minsk where we will stay with Zena and Vasily until it's time for us to get on our plane and head home. Here's to hoping that it's cool in the Bay Area when we arrive!!!

I love vacation but I am very much looking forward to sleeping in my own bed!!!

No comments: