.jpg)
(Photo from top of Brandon Hill, no I didn't take it)Not too much for today, although I know that some of you are really relived to hear that, since it means that you don't have to spend as much time reading this as you would if I had something to say. Lisa, Jeanne and I went to this picnic of Brandon Hill, not too far from where I live. We met up that the Student Union building, dubbed the ugliest building in Bristol (at least that is what our tour guide from yesterday told us). There was a huge mass of us, international students, coming in for this picnic, most of them arrived yesterday since it was the main move in day for campus, I think. Anyway, we met a bunch of other students, mostly French with the exception of one girl from the Czech. We had lunch and that was pretty much it.
We went to the Bristol City Art Museum, which was a lot bigger than any of the three of us thought it would be. We also went to Bristol Cathedral and there was a live choir in there, like the ones that you think of when you see movies about the 11th and 12th centuries. It was really nice. Other than that we really didn't do much but walk around Clifton Village, in the northern part of Bristol. We are in desperate need of find a good place to eat that is not very expensive, because for some reason we always end up paying about $15 to $20 each to eat not particularly good food and that is just really not going to work for much longer.
Registration day is tomorrow, so I will be meeting my whole department and all the other students in my program. Then there is the faculty meet and greet and then a lunch with the department. After that it is on to the School registration (School of arts, department of Archaeology and Anthropology for those of you confused by the distinction). Then ending the day, meeting back up with Lisa for the new research and taught postgraduate program social at 5 PM. So I don't know, but I may not be writing tomorrow or for the rest of this week until Friday when I come back from my field trip to Exmoor (Field trip is Tuesday thru Friday). I am sure that by then I will have plenty of verbiage on my department, the people in it, and my experiences to fill your ears to the popping point.
If I don't talk to you, I hope that you all have a really great week and don't work too hard. Love you lots and miss you, of course! Goodnight from my end, since I have to make it to campus before 11 AM, which means that I have to get up much earlier than I have been. I am meeting Lisa at 10:30 so I really do have to get up! Bummer...
No comments:
Post a Comment