
So i am avoiding reading through mounds of grad school crap and writing my personal statement, which i should just do and get it over with already but apparently I like to drag out the agony of having to write it to the longest possible extent.....masochist i suppose. Anyhoo, does anyone know how to get sharpy off of skin....'cuz I made a mess of my hands at the museum today labeling boxes that are going into the freezer tomorrow and the crap just wont seem to come off. Not like I am going anywhere tonight so it doesn't really matter but I was going to go and line up my references for grad school tomorrow, even though I am not entirely sure which 5 I am going to apply to, I have three "for sures" and about 10 "maybes" but that is what I was going to sort out tonight, and make a calendar, and study for the GRE's, and, wow is it 5:30 already, cocktail hour please hold.........................................ah better to continue. I have a lot of stuff that I need to do I just don't really have the motivation. I know that I should but, I just feel like sleeping and waking up and having all this crap already finished and have a mini pile of grad school acceptance letters waiting for me in my mail box. Instead I have get AT&T bills and crap. Although I did get a really nice post card from Kristin, my sister if you didn't know that already, and her husband Aaron. It's about an ice cream shop, as if I needed the temptation. ;0)
I think that I am going to try to convince Erin that she wants to go hiking this weekend up in Poway, I have gas for it and other than that it doesn't cost anything. Hmmm.... that would give me Saturday or Sunday off from running since I totally skipped out this morning and slept in instead, I know bad kid right?
On a random note, since that is sort of what this blog is about, do you ever wonder what the meaning of life really is? Not the Monty Python crazy movie which is essentially some of the skits from their Flying Circus series put together, but the real meaning to life and everything that goes along with it?
I personally think that life really isn't about what everyone thinks it is. i don't believe that its just about living and dying or any of that crap. I think it's about chances and taking them when they come. it's about finding out what it takes and doing it regardless. It's about finding within yourself the strength that you always knew was there but people and circumstances made you forget; Or perhaps that is what I want my version of life to look like, because in truth I am the person whose life and circumstances and experiences have stolen all the components inside my being that would make me strong, bold and willing to take chances. All I am left with now is the desire to be all those things once again, and I am trying, desperately, but when battling oneself the wins are less often won quickly and more often take far longer and have many more failures than they should.
2 comments:
Profound, and deep. Need I say more?
Try acetone for your sharpier problem...that always got the chemicals off of the beakers
Post a Comment