As many of you know, I have a very skill of getting lost well to add to this list of places that I have gotten lost in that is it near impossible to get lost in, please add Holmestrand, Norway a 2 street town! Sad. Long story short I walked in the wrong direction trying to reach the train station which lead to me catching the 2:20pm train to Oslo today instead of the 1:20pm train. But that was just the beginning. Once I arrived in Oslo I was trying to find the trolley station to buy a day pass so that I could go to the Norway Folk Museum and then to check out this supposedly "huge" climbing gym, which turned out to be smaller than smallest of the gyms that I normally go to (Great Western Power Company in Oakland).
The train ride to Oslo is only an hour so I made it to the Oslo central train station by 3:20ish. As i neither understand nor speak Norwegian I was using signs a my guide to find the trolley station and ended up in what I am now going to call the Maze Mall of Death. To explain it is a 5 level Mall that apparently if you go out one door on to the street and then in a different door you can't get back to where you started....this lead to an hour of Katie being lost in a Mall. I finally asked someone how to get back to the train station and then quite easily figured out where I had gone wrong to end up in the mall in the first place., one wrong turn sheesh!
Now at 4pm I finally got my trolley pass and located the correct trolley to get to the Folk Museum but as it was 4pm I figured that I may not have enough time to spend there and I really didn't want to feel rushed so I decided to do that another day and go to the climbing gym instead.
I jumped on the trolley and head to the climbing gym. It wasn't until I got to Vigelandspaken, the park with all the funny statues of the children that Lisa took me to last time I was in Norway, that I realized I wasn't going in the correct direction, that in fact I was going in the entirely opposite direction that I needed to be going in :/. I got off the trolley and then asked the driver how I get to the stop I needed to go to. He said just get back on this trolley and it will take you there. GUHHHH! Ok.
I did finally get to the climbing gym and got to play around there for about 1:30hrs. When I went to get dressed I realized that the i had lost the keys to the lock that I had bought when I came in, so I had to have the girl at the door cut off my brand new lock, oy!
Thankfully that was the end of this very adventurous day and i feel very very comfortable getting around Oslo now after having been lost there most of the day. :) So when i go back later this trip I will know my way around quite well, I think.
The train ride to Oslo is only an hour so I made it to the Oslo central train station by 3:20ish. As i neither understand nor speak Norwegian I was using signs a my guide to find the trolley station and ended up in what I am now going to call the Maze Mall of Death. To explain it is a 5 level Mall that apparently if you go out one door on to the street and then in a different door you can't get back to where you started....this lead to an hour of Katie being lost in a Mall. I finally asked someone how to get back to the train station and then quite easily figured out where I had gone wrong to end up in the mall in the first place., one wrong turn sheesh!
Now at 4pm I finally got my trolley pass and located the correct trolley to get to the Folk Museum but as it was 4pm I figured that I may not have enough time to spend there and I really didn't want to feel rushed so I decided to do that another day and go to the climbing gym instead.
I jumped on the trolley and head to the climbing gym. It wasn't until I got to Vigelandspaken, the park with all the funny statues of the children that Lisa took me to last time I was in Norway, that I realized I wasn't going in the correct direction, that in fact I was going in the entirely opposite direction that I needed to be going in :/. I got off the trolley and then asked the driver how I get to the stop I needed to go to. He said just get back on this trolley and it will take you there. GUHHHH! Ok.
I did finally get to the climbing gym and got to play around there for about 1:30hrs. When I went to get dressed I realized that the i had lost the keys to the lock that I had bought when I came in, so I had to have the girl at the door cut off my brand new lock, oy!
Thankfully that was the end of this very adventurous day and i feel very very comfortable getting around Oslo now after having been lost there most of the day. :) So when i go back later this trip I will know my way around quite well, I think.
3 comments:
Murphy as alive and well and obviously along for the ride!
Sally lost her car keys between the car and the hotel in Casa Grande Wed. evening and didn't escape from Casa Grande until 4 PM on Friday after Krista Fed Ex'd the keys. It would have taken VW a week to replace them.
Key word in your post is "think" you know how to get around Oslo. Hahah
Mom, poor Sally!!! Oh my gosh what a nightmare, and there surely can't be enough to do in casa grande to occupy two days, ugh!
Tsk tsk tsk.
What about the story of you landing at the wrong airport in/to France?
Post a Comment