Friday, November 7, 2008

The Holiday's Are Coming


I don't have anything really interesting to talk about today, or any profound comments to make. I would simply like to say thank you to everyone who has been reading and sending e-mails. I really enjoy the comments that I have received from you. It is a gift to me when you send them, because it makes me want to continue to write.

I hope that you all are enjoying the new feature on my blog, the Pandora play list. If there is any particular type of music that you would like me to play, just let me know. For now I think the jazzy, 40's stuff has a nice ease about it that lends just the right feel to the page.

My thought for the day: As Thanksgiving grows ever closer I hope that everyone is beginning to get into the Holiday spirit. I believe that this year is going to be a particularly difficult season, for more reason than one. I would just like to start it off right by saying that those who truly love you, your family and your friends, will not mind if you can not get or give them everything that they want this year. Having you with them is a gift in itself and they will love you the more for it. We all should be thankful for what we have and keeping that in mind remember that sometimes giving to those who do not have as much as you is a far better use of your time and money than giving things to those who already have everything. You could even make it a family event out of helping the less fortunate, since family is what the season is all about anyway. It is just something to think about at least. I for one am going to be donating Christmas presents to children in need and am thinking about volunteering at a soup kitchen during the Christmas season. If anyone would like to join me just let me know.

Have a wonderful weekend everyone.

No comments: